Friday, May 18, 2007

Black shamrocks and anything i can think of



Two Quechua women exchange blows as part of celebrations for the Tinku Festival in the city of Macha, Bolivia. The pre-Colombian ritual consists of rival villages engaging in hand-to-hand combat that tradition says will secure richer, more prosperous crops in the coming year.


Well hello there it´s that time again to scribble a little note and tell you whats been happening in a world i like to call ´kieran world´

Yes it´s a world where not everything seems real all the time only on the surface and when you scratch a little well some times you can win big cash prizes, like $10,000 thats a big cash prize or $10 or another ticket or just feck all and you walk away feeling like some one has given you a kick in the balls from the 60 yeard line and they´ve missed.

Enough of the sad story, i´m here to talk to you today boys and gurls about black Shamrocks, ahhh the image congurs up romantic notions of the Emeral isle, guinness, the little people (Known to most in America as Leprechans), lashing rain, a lashing of Pints(I´m not making it up) and good Craic (Not the kind you get in America, but equally as addictive)

What does all this mean you say ?

Well, 3 Irish guys were in the Columbian jungle birdwatching
A fact that is a bit hard to believe since they were caught teaching the Gurilas (No the Hairy type.... i hope) how to blow things up.

I know what your thinking, what the feck does this have to do with some lads out birdwatching minding their own business.

The answer to that one is, Ít doesnt, they lied, they are lyers boys and gurls, lyers is what they are in fact, and thius is the tale i´m trying to tell you.

So anyway the boys are in the Capital, their trial starts, representives are sent from the Irish government to make sure they get a fair trial, big intertnatial incident, big news.

And do you know what happened ?
The went and fecked off, thats what they did, and turned up in Ireland 6 months later.

Now i´m windering did they get a photo of the Gorgeted puffleg, a new species of hummingbird to be seen below

Probably not, i´m thinking, they dont seem like the kind of bird to have any ionterest in watching things being blown up, no none at all, which doesnt make them any less interesting, well not to me anyway.

But sticking to the topic of the story, well the first part anyway.

Black Shamrocks, the Military here have hijacked our Shamrock symbol, painted it black and stuck it on their uniform.


Now what can we do, well the words of the Rolling Stones have just inspired me, tell me what you think

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes
I see a line of cars and theyre all painted black
With flowers and my love both never to come back
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a new born baby it just happens evry day
I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red door and it has been painted black
Maybe then Ill fade away and not have to face the facts
Its not easy facin up when your whole world is black

You see, paint it all black and we´re all equal, thanks a feckin´ lot Columbian army, everything´s going to look like a
black anmd white movie.

Dont just sity there, get painting, you dont get paid to sit !!!!

P.s.

If you do get paid to sit, sorry

No comments: